Nice. Figuring if you click here you’re home free. In a way, yes. To form one, you file Articles of Incorporation with the governing corporate authority in your state. In California, where my practice operates, that’s the Secretary of State. Articles should contain certain provisions that may or may not be obvious to you, and are not contained in most templates offered by the state or online corporate formation. Additionally, formation is the first of several steps to take to ensure that your corporation is protecting you.